Welcome to the
Port De Grave Peninsula Heritage Society Inc.
Latest News from the PDGHP Society
The lighting of the Crab pot Christmas tree, Dec. 2, 2020 please click on link:
November 26, 2020
November 26, 2020
Introducing the Music and Friends Program for Seniors and people with Disabilities
September 15, 2020
Introducing the Seniors Compassionate Care Program
The Port De Grave Peninsula Heritage Society Inc. is pleased to announce a new program available to residents of the Port De Grave Peninsula – the Seniors Compassionate Care Program.
Are you 65+ and need assistance with errands, troubleshooting with your computer, or simply just looking to interact and socialize with others?
If so, we want you to know that we are here to help!
Welcoming our new COVID Community Assistant
August 24, 2020
Celebrating 50 Years of the Hibb’s Cove Fishermen’s Museum
The Port De Grave Peninsula Heritage Society, in partnership with the Port De Grave Recreation Committee is proud to release the Order of Events for this upcoming weekend – August 28-29, 2020. There are a number of events and activities planned and we invite you to view the Order of Events and to join us in commemorating this milestone.
August 14, 2020
The Port De Grave Peninsula Heritage Society, in partnership with the Port De Grave Recreation Committee are pleased to announce that on Friday, August 28 and Saturday, August 29 we will be celebrating and commemorating the 50th Anniversary of the Hibb’s Cove Fishermen’s Museum.
Stayed tuned for more information in the coming days to learn more about the events that will be held throughout the peninsula. We look forward to you joining us in commemorating this milestone in our community with us.
Friday, July 31
Friday, July 24, 2020
Thursday, July 23, 2020
Did you know… the Fishermen’s Museum, The Porter House and the School House are open? Upon check in, please proceed to the Fishermen’s Museum to register. Our Summer Tour Guides are looking forward to welcoming you!
Admission Fees (Cash Only): $3.00 per adult
$1.50 for Seniors, Students, Children Under 12
Wednesday, July 15, 2020
DATE CHANGE: The SOLD OUT Green Point Lighthouse Lobster Boil for Friday, July 17, 2020 will now take place on Saturday, July 18 from 12:00 noon to 2:00 p.m. *Takeouts still available*
Monday, July 13
Historic Sites Association of Newfoundland and Labrador has honoured people and groups who are part of preserving and presenting the province’s history and heritage for over 25 years through their Manning Awards of Excellence.
Thursday, July 9, 2020
UPDATE: Tickets to attend the Green Point Lobster Boil on Friday, July 17 have SOLD OUT. However, we are still taking orders for takeout. If you are interested in placing an order, please call Effie Boone at 786-6669.
Monday, July 29, 2020
After careful consideration of the Guidelines for Community Museums, the Board and Staff of the Port De Grave Peninsula Heritage Society have reviewed and put in place measures to to ensure that our staff, volunteers and guests adhere to Public Health measures surrounding COVID-19. As such, social distancing, limitations on number of guests, etc have all been put in place.
The following facilities are open and operational for the season:
Hibbs Hole Fishermen’s Museum
The Porter House
The School House
Summer Hours of Operation
Tuesday – Sunday
12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Shalloway Boat Rentals at Ship Cove Pond
By Reservation Only!
To make your reservation, e-mail email@example.com
Enjoy your time in the replica of a Shalloway on Ship Cove Pond. First used here on the Port De Grave Peninsula while involved in the commercial fishery some 500 years ago.
CONDITIONS FOR RENTALS/TRAINING
- The Renter must be 18 years of age or over;
- The Renter must sign a RELEASE AND INDEMNITY FORM;
- It is mandatory that all persons on the Shallowaywear an approved life vest, personally owned or provided by the Port De Grave Peninsula Heritage Society.;
- There shall be no rocking/tipping of the Shalloway;
- Absolutely NO alcoholic beverages onboard, any evidence of alcohol consumption prior to rental will mean NO RENTAL;
- Rental Fees
- A single person renting for one (1) hour $25.00;
- A rental of 4 persons for one (1) hour $40.00;
- A single rental (same person) for one (1) hour for two Shalloways – 4 persons per Shalloway at the same time $45.00;
- Training to row/scull one (1) hour-one (1) Shalloway with Trainer and 2 other persons $40.00;
- When your one hour has been completed and you are in the Shalloway “STEPHANIE COLLEEN” a whistle will blow two times for you to return to the dock.
- If you are in Shalloway “THE DOCK HORSESHOE COVE” a whistle will sound 4 times. The responsibility is yours to return to the dock on time.
Hike to the Green Point Lighthouse
Canon Richards Tea Room
(Currently Closed/Under Renovation – Estimated Opening Date: August 2020)
The health & safety of our volunteers, seasonal staff, & visitors are our top priorities and we ask that when visiting any of our facilities you please respect and adhere to the outlined guidelines.