The Port De Grave Peninsula Heritage Society Inc. is pleased to announce a new program available to residents of the Port De Grave Peninsula. Are you 65+ and need assistance with errands, troubleshooting with your computer, or simply just looking to interact and socialize with others?
If so, we want you to know that we are here to help!
- Running of errands
Need some assistance in getting to and from a medical appointment, bank or perhaps going to pick up supplies, groceries, etc – we are here to help!
- Assistance, training or troubleshooting with technology.
Having trouble with your computer or iPad or perhaps you may need some training on the basics of how to use the technology such as how to send an e-mail, use Facetime to connect with your loved ones, or how to use YouTube to connect to watch local virtual church services – we are here to help!
Looking for a companion that will assist you in staying mobile, while promoting socialization? We can provide in-person visits or virtual check-ins – conversation, activities such as cards, games, sorting and organizing photographs, etc) – we are here to help!
- Events Scheduled:
- Here is a list so far for the Seniors Program:
- June 5 – 5pm to 7pm Soup, sandwiches, dessert, tea or coffee at the Canon Richards Tearoom Cost FREE, don’t be disappointed register early.
- June 19 – 2 pm to 4 pm Hooking with Kay, materials will be supplied cost $10.00, refreshments will be served
- June 22 – 2 pm to 4 pm RCMP will be doing a talk on Elder Abuse and other items no charge, refreshments will be served
- June 26 – 2 pm to 4 pm Hooking with Kay, materials will be supplied cost $10.00, refreshments will be served
- July 10 – 7 pm to 9 pm Paint night with Deb, cost to be announced.
- More will be added as they become available: Check out the attached flyer.
- Special Events:
- A motor boat and engine has been donated to the Heritage Society and it will be going up on auction, we will be having a special event on Saturday, May 27th, at the Canon Richards Tearoom, showcasing the boat and engine and will be serving Moose Burgers. More details to follow.
- Turkey Jiggs Dinners will be back starting on Sunday, May 28th! Cost $25 which includes Turkey jiggs dinner, dessert, tea and coffee. To reserve please call me at 709-680-1231.
- Greenpoint Lobster Boil – June 30 tickets are $40 each to be purchased in advance. If the weather doesn’t cooperate we will move it to the Canon Richards Tearoom. Limited number of tickets available!
- We will be selling tickets on a print donated by Edwin Hussey at our events and our first one will be going on tickets May 27th and the draw date will be June 25th. More details to follow.
- If you are a knitter and would like to take part in a special project with The Anna Templeton Association, please check out the attached flyers.
For assistance or further information, please contact Joyce Morgan at the information noted below.
NEW EMAIL ADDRESS FOR JOYCE: email@example.com
** In providing support through the New Seniors Horizon Program, COVID-19 guidelines and precautions will be maintained and adhered to.