Port de Grave Peninsula Heritage Society Inc Oct. 16, 2018
The Constitution of the Port de Grave Peninsula Heritage Society Inc. has a specific section that applies to Membership in the Society. While not inclusive of all items under this section, some of them are as follows:
- Membership shall be open to all residents on the Port de Grave Peninsula and all others regardless of residency who have a direct connection with the area through birth or some other means and are in accord with the aims and objectives of the Port de Grave Peninsula Heritage Society and who at the time of submitting an application has reached the age of 18 years.
- There shall be Active or Regular along with Life and Honorary Membership who will have one vote at any given meeting where voting is a requirement.
- For the purpose of Membership, the operating year shall be from January 01 to December 31st in any given year.
- The Annual membership fee shall be set by the Board of Directors.
- The fees approved commencing with January 01, 2018 shall be $15.00 for one year, $25.00 for two years, and $50.00 for 5 years and $750.00 for a life membership. New or renewal of Membership shall be on the basis of the selected term as indicated above and is payable in January of the term selected.
In addition, the Society has commenced with a Legacy Program and a Heritage Card selection for In Memory and In Honour (copies attached). The attached page will outline specifics of both these new items and a fridge magnet will provide additional information.
We appreciate those who are already Members and those who will decide to become New Members. We thank you for your support of the Society as a volunteer group, we strive to maintain and enhance the cultural and historical heritage of the Peninsula.
Port de Grave Peninsular Heritage Society Inc.
P.O.Box 228, Port de Grave NL A0A 3J0
To become a Member of the Port de Grave Peninsula Heritage Society please complete the following form:
The PDGPHS welcomes volunteers from all ages to assist the Society in any area they feel comfortable. Please make contact by calling Effie Boone at 786-6669 or Roland Andrews at 786-2660.
There are several Committees of the Board that are need of Members and Volunteers, if you feel like you would just like to volunteer on one of these committees please choose from the list below and of course you are more than welcome to set in on more than one committee:
Finance – Fund Raising
Membership – Web Site – Communications
Special Projects – Recognition – Research
Crafts – Social – Food – Special Events
Please identify whether you want to become a Member or a Volunteer.
Everyone is welcome!